Our building is temporarily closed, but our programming continues!
The Pride Center building is closed for much-needed renovations to increase our capability for serving the community in 2024. In the meantime, all our support groups and services are continuing with no interruption in service.
To reach any staff member, email us at email@example.com or call our 24- hour live answering service at 845-353-6300 and we’ll make sure your message is forwarded to the appropriate staff member.
Join the Pride Center in this new journey!
About the Pride Center
The Pride Center is a 501(c)(3) LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer) community center with a justice focused mission.
The Pride Center works to improve the lives of LGBTQ+ people through:
- Free and low-cost community events;
- Monthly support groups;
- LGBTQ+ Youth Program to empower and support young people;
- Senior Drop-In space;
- Partner with Montefiore Nyack Hospital to provide LGBTQ+ healthcare at the Jacobs Family Pride Wellness Center;
- Survival services to ensure everyone’s basic needs are met;
- Referrals, individual advocacy, and navigation around medical care, mental health, housing, legal, and social services;
- Advocacy to address discrimination, close service gaps, and make change.
We envision and manifest an abundant world where LGBTQ+ people of all ages are safe, pursuing their dreams and goals, and held by a strong, vibrant community.
The Pride Center is the only organization in Rockland County whose sole mission is improving the lives of LGBTQ+ people. We serve people from throughout the Hudson Valley and Northern New Jersey.
LGBTQ+ Youth Program & Family Support
The Pride Center’s Youth Program and Family Support Services provide a web of community care and healing that centers the needs of our most vulnerable community members.
Youth in middle and high school meet twice a week for a free, supervised afterschool program. This in-person healing and empowerment space provides dinner, mental health resources, tutoring, opportunities to socialize, and holistic support in both English and Spanish. Consistent engagement in this program is proven to increase high school graduation rates, reduce hospitalizations for mental health emergencies, and decrease risk-taking behaviors.
The Pride Center’s youth team also provides one-on-one support for families of LGBTQ+ young people in English and Spanish. From advocacy at school to space to process a young person’s journey, the Pride Center is here to meet families where they are.
For questions or to learn more, contact Alex Francisco, Director of Youth & Young Adult Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 353-6300.
The Jacobs Family Pride Wellness Center
Transformative health care has arrived for the LGBTQ+ community.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital provides a community based, whole-health clinic for the LGBTQ+ community.
Located at the Hub Shopping Center in Central Nyack, The Jacobs Family Pride Wellness Center is a community-based specialty clinic in collaboration with the Phyllis B. Frank Rockland Pride Center and The Oval Center at Montefiore.
- Healthcare for patients ages 16+
- Expert providers, many of whom are part of the LGBTQ+ community
- Care that is conveniently located, confidential, and affirming
- General wellness such as routine and preventative care
- Vaccinations such as flu shots, HPV, hepatitis A and B, and more (not currently providing COVID vaccinations)
- HIV prevention such as PrEP and PEP
- Gynecological services and birth control for women, trans men, and more
- Gender-affirming care, including hormones using an informed consent model (under 18 requires parent consent).
- Sexual health testing and treatment, including HIV testing
The Rockland Pride Center
Join the Rockland Pride Center Mailing List
"*" indicates required fields